We made it! We not only matched but we exceeded our goal for the $10k Spring Building Matching Funds Campaign!
This means that over $20,000 will go towards the 4,400 square foot hurricane code building.
We are pleased to announce that per our preliminary floor plan will have two key areas for sheltering our birds in the event of a hurricane and to support our three-stage intake process, including quarantine for new birds that haven't yet received a clean bill of health.
Our vision also includes:
- An avian veterinarian clinic that will enable us to monitor, treat and heal parrots on the spot
- Amenities for staff and volunteers including a break area and kitchen
- An office and reception area, including ample storage closets
- A storage area specifically designed to easily receive, organize and store food
- A dedicated area to recycling and crafting parrot toys
- A twenty-two car parking lot in front of the structure, including space for anyone who is physically disabled
Thank you to everyone who contributed to this important campaign and a special thanks to the anonymous donor that came through for FEBS to help this happen.
Everyone at FEBS, feathered, furry or not, sends their thanks and love to you and your families!